Thursday, February 14, 2013

What? It Can't Be!

It's still very much Winter in My Mountain Green.  So, much to my surprise, this is what I see out my window on this snowy and grey morning! 

Mr. Squirrel makes his "Spring" debut a little early.   "Just great!", I thought to myself. You see, squirrels are not my favorite pests animals in the yard.
Yes, they are cute, but they eat my bird feeders out of house and home.  I really don't want to take all my feeders down since Winter is still so cold.  So for now, I will take down the feeder you can see as well as another one that is easy for the "pig" to climb upon to eat his fill.  




























Hopefully he will soon move on to another neighbors house! One of my friends said that it was time to get out my slingshot.  My comment..."more like my .22"!  (Hey, what else would a Texas girl say?!)

Please note: no animals were harmed in this My Mountain Green post. Yet.  ;-)

Thanks for stopping by My Mountain Green.


2 comments:

grammie g said...

Hi Kathryn...I have them too, but I have just about fooled them(Should never sat that : ))
They can eat off the seed that fall from the feeder onto the deck so that keeps them fairly happy!
They are cute, but persistent, and are pests lol !!

Good luck
Grace

Julie Hargreaves said...

Beautiful photos